I made a few changes to the Peacock Bugger I posted on MTFA’s web site, and I think it will become one of my favorite. Instead of using a Tiemco TMC5263 or a streamer hook, I am using a Tiemco TMC403BLJ. This is a barbless jig hook with a wide gap. This Short (Fat) bugger will travel across the bottom with the hook up. This will eliminate the hook getting caught on the bottom. I also have listed the materials in the order that they are tied on. Fish by letting fly sit on bottom then move it a little and let it sit again. Fly tied by Dennis Stead – size 10.
- Hook: Tiemco TMC403BLJ
- Hook Size: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
- Head: Brass Bead or Tungsten, Gold or Black Nickel
- Weight: If Brass Bead is used, add lead wire
- Thread: UTC-Thread 8/0 or 6/0
- Tail: Marabou (optional – Grizzle tip for tiger tail)
- Hackle: Color to match bugger color
- Body: Peacock Herl
- Hot Core: Madeira Prism White, White Antron
Fishing instructions: Fish by letting fly sit on bottom then move it a little and let it sit again.