MTFA 72th Annual State Derby
Official Program and Derby Rules
May 19-20, 2018
Bennett Spring State Park
Welcome to the 72th Annual MTFA Derby and meeting
Hosted by the Springfield Chapter
Registration will begin Friday May 18, 2018 at the Bennett Spring Park Store from 7 PM to the store closes. Registration will continue Saturday morning May 19, 2018 at the Bennett Spring Park Store from 5:30 AM – 8 AM
The Springfield Chapter would like to welcome all MTFA members and families to this year’s event. We hope everyone enjoys the fishing and fellowship on the stream. We hope you take time out to attend dinner at 6 PM under Picnic Shelter House “A” near the spring Saturday evening.
Have a great weekend, good luck fishing and enjoy the park
Lezley Chastain, MTFA State President
John Dozier, Springfield Chapter President
Saturday May 19, 2018
Registration ends at 8 AM
The trout derby will begin with the sound of the siren (6:30 AM)
Memorial Stone starting at 11 AM
In Memory of
Joe Abrams – Springfield
Donald Ford Butler Jr. – Kansas City
Norm Collison – Springfield
Dennis Ramsey – Kansas City
Service conducted by Mike Rissell – MTFA Chaplain
Dinner and Business meeting
Dinner will begin at 6 PM at Shelter House “A” for MTFA members and guest
The annual MTFA Business meeting to follow dinner at 7 PM; All State Officers, State Board, members of committees, delegates and MTFA members are requested to attend.
Our guest speaker will be Ben Havens MDC hatchery manager at Bennett Spring SP.
2018 MTFA State Meeting Agenda
- Highlights of the MTFA
- Special features events and activities of each chapter
- Guest speaker: Ben Haven, MDC Hatchery Supervisor
- Branson Chapter, newest extension of the MTFA
- Election of new officers 2019
Sunday, May 20, 2018
Trout derby continues at the sunrise siren and will end at 12 PM (noon) sharp.
Prizes will be awarded under Shelter house A, near the spring.
We will start with the awarding of the derby prizes shortly after the close of the Derby
ALL TAGGED TROUT MUST BE REGISTERED BY NOON, Sunday May 20, 2018
The raffle will start after the derby prizes have been awarded.
Missouri Trout Fishermen’s Association
MTFA State Officers 2018
President Lezley Chastain Springfield
1st Vice President David Cook Kansas City
2nd Vice President Greg Darlington St. Louis
Secretary Kim Schultz Springfield
Treasurer Victor Smedley Kansas City
Chaplain Mike Rissell St. Louis
Past President Chris Gann St. Louis
MTFA Chapter Officers 2018
Kansas City Springfield St. Louis Branson
President David Cook John Dozier Greg Darlington Matthew Peet
Vice Pres. Gary Davisson Dennis Stead Brandy Hood Mike Kidd
Secretary Carol Cook Fred Brown Sherri Parrish N/A
Treasurer Diana James Pat Collins Drew Roemmich Howard Hawkins
Delegates to the Annual meeting
Marvin Allison John Bush Drew Roemmich Mike Kidd
Darrell Durst Fred Brown Jerry Parrish Howard Hawkins
Roger Theroux Pat Collins Mike Rissell
Official Derby Rules
- The derby is open to all legal fishermen. All state and parks rules must be followed. The derby begins on Saturday May 19, 2018 and ends Sunday May 20, 2018 at noon.
- Registration will be at the Bennett Spring SP Store from 7 PM (Friday) May 18, 2018 until the store closes. Registration will continue Saturday morning when the store opens at 5:30 AM and end at 8 AM. The final moment to enter the derby is 8 AM, after that no one will able to enter the derby.
- Tagged trout will be stocked Friday and Saturday evenings during the regular stream stockings in zone 1, 2 and 3.
- The derby fee will be a suggested donation of $5.00. You must have a valid daily tag to be stamped at the registration table and it must be presented when registering a tagged trout.
- Tagged fish should be registered at these places and times.
Saturday May 19, 2018 from 4 PM – 6 PM, Shelter House A
Sunday May 20, 2018 from 11 AM – Noon, Shelter House A
- A) MDC Tag must be attached to trout when registering with Derby Chairman or delegate.
- B) All trout registered for prizes must be caught by the person who entered derby.
- Prizes will be awarded Sunday, May 20, 2018 as soon as possible after 12:00 PM (Noon)
Prizes will be awarded under Shelter House A, near the spring.
- A) Prize order will be determined by selecting a name from a container, with all tags having the same chance to win.
- B) Tag winners must be present when the number is called (A designated person may choose a prize if the entrant cannot be present). If the winner or designated person is not present when the number is called, the prize will be forfeited.
- C) Only one prize per person will be awarded for one or more tagged trout registered by the same fisherman.
- D) All prizes not awarded for tagged trout will be awarded during the raffle. Raffle is for MTFA members only. Multiple prizes per person can be awarded during the raffle.
- In case of dispute, the decision of the Derby Chairman will be final.
We want recognize and say “Thank You” to the following retailers and friends of the MTFA for contributing to our Derby:
Jim Rogers’ School of Fly Fishing Bennett Spring Park Store (Jim Rogers) Bass Pro Shop
Plateau Fly Shop Weaver’s Tackle Store Mountain Springs Trout Park (Johnny Edgmon)
Reading’s Fly shop Larry’s Sporting Goods
Hope you have a great weekend and hope to see you next year, Springfield Chapter