I used a Tiemco TMC403BLJ. This is a barbless jig hook with a wide gap. This Short (Fat) bugger will travel across the bottom with the hook up. This will eliminate the hook getting caught on the bottom. I also have listed the materials in the order that they are tied on. The way the body is tied, makes this a tuff and strong fly, will not come apart. Fish by letting fly sit on bottom then move it a little and let it sit again. Fly tied by Dennis Stead – size 10.
- Hook: Tiemco TMC403BLJ
- Hook Size: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
- Head: Brass Bead or Tungsten
- Weight: If Brass Bead is used, add lead wire
- Thread: UTC-Thread 8/0 or 6/0
- Tail: Marabou (opt.–Grizzle tip for tiger tail or Krystal Flash)
- Hackle: Color to match bugger color
- Body: Peacock Herl
- Hot Core: Madeira Prism White, or White Antron
Tying instructions: They are to follow but if you look at one of the Short (Fat) Bugger (BH) Olive on this web sight.