While fishing at Taneycomo, I met three men from Idaho. They using using scud flies with a variation. The first one had a red glass bead head and the sizes were 20, 22, 24. The other fly had a red glass bead mid body and the hook sizes were larger 14, 16, 18.
- Hook: Tiemco TMC2499SP-BL or TMC 2487
- Hook Size: 18, 20, 22, 24
- Head: Killer Caddis Glass Bead MDG Ruby
- Body: Gray, Olive, or Brown Super Fine Dubbing – colors to match stream’s scuds
- Thread: Uni-Thread or UTC 8/0, to match dubbing
Fishing instructions: Dead Drift wit Strike indicator