In Pat Dorsey’s book, “Tying and Fishing Tailwater Flies”, he has a number of flies that will work almost anyplace. We all know about the Dorsey’s Top Secret Midge that John Bush ties and fishes with great success. Dorsey’s flies catch fish and we have a number of his flies on our web site. The Mercury Zebra Midge is another you should have in your fly box. The Killer Caddis Glass Bead represents an air bubble. A simple fly to tie. This fly pictured was tied on a Tiemco TMC2499BL-SP size 18.
- Hook: Tiemco TMC2499BL-SP or TMC2487 or TMC2488
- Hook Size: 16, 18, 20, 22, 24
- Ribbing: X-small or fine copper wire
- Body: UNI-Thread 8/0, White
- Head: Killer Caddis, Medium, Small, 2.4mm-2.0mm
- Thread: UNI-Thread 8/0, Black
- Thorax: Super Fine Black Dubbing