In Pat Dorsey’s book, “Tying and Fishing Tailwater Flies”, he has a number of flies that will work almost anyplace. We all know about the Dorsey’s Top Secret Midge that John Bush ties and fishes with great success. Dorsey’s flies catch fish and we have a number of his flies on our web site. The Mercury Midge is another you should have in your fly box. The Killer Caddis Glass Bead represents an air bubble.A simple fly to tie and the building a taper body with thread might take the longest time in tying it. The shrimp & caddis pupa hooks are used.
- Hook: Tiemco TMC2499BL-SP or TMC2487 or TMC2488
- Hook Size: 16, 18, 20, 22, 24
- Ribbing: X-small or fine copper wire
- Body: UNI-Thread 8/0, White
- Head: Killer Caddis, Medium, Small, 2.4-2.0mm
- Thread: UNI-Thread 8/0, White